Hello Ryan,

Thanks for the like.

But this does not need any sophisticated cryptological analysis.  It is
just the standard asymmetric key stuff.

In normal operation, a key is created from bits of Entropy, generally
gathered from the operating system.  All I need to do is replace those bits
of entropy with a hash of the pass phrase.  Everything should work as
before.

And 100 bits of real pass phrase uniqueness should be plenty to generate a
2048 bit RSA key (say) because there are lots of gaps in what a useful key
can be.  We are feeding into the algorithms that search for a big prime
etc.  not modifying the output.

This is really a practical programming issue.  Ideally there would be
options on the SSL command line.  Or it would be easy to use the internal
API to specify entropy (or hopefully someone has already done that).

Regards,

Anthony