On 28 Feb 2012, at 9:57 AM, JonathonS wrote:
> Here is the command I used to build openssl:
>
> ./Configure --prefix=/home/user/openssl_release
> --openssldir=/home/user/openssl_release no-asm threads zlib shared
> linux-x86_64
>
> After the binaries have been built, it produces libcrypto.a and
> libssl.a.  When I try to link against it, I get a bunch of missing
> symbols -- *some* are listed below.  There are a lot more.

What is the command line you are using when you link against openssl? Are the
static libraries listed after all of the objects that reference things in them?

Check whether the symbols are actually defined in the static libraries--- eg.,
"nm libcrypto.a | fgrep SSLv23_client_method" (there should be several
'U'ndefined references and one defined reference to that symbol).