> > 2. symmKeyInfo has the ASN1_OBJECT field 'usage'. If allocated using
> >    symmKeyInfo_new(), how can I set the field?
> >
> >    For example, 'payload' which is an ASN1_OCTET_STRING has available
> >    ASN1_OCTET_STRING_set, which sets the field, reallocating 'payload'
> >    if necessary.
> >
> >    However digging through the openssl source I can't seem to find a
> >    similar function for ASN1_OBJECT type.
> >

> That's because the ASN1_OBJECT is a little different. Some standard OIDs are
> set to a fixed value to avoid the need to keep allocating them. What that
> means in practice is you do something like:
>
> foo->usage = OBJ_something(somearg);
>
> This wont result in a memory leak because the OID isn't dynamically allocated.

I would also be using custom OIDs. Would I need to first register the OIDs
using OBJ_create? Normally we don't use any name identifier. Or is there
a way to duplicate an ASN1_OBJECT?

Otherwise I can probably write an auxillary function to handle this in
a similar vein to OBJ_dup(ASN1_OBJECT *).

Thanks.