Hi,
    I have a server application and the client uses https to connect
 to the server. For this I had created an openssl self signed certificate
 cacert.pem which has been distributed to all the client applications.
    Now unfortunately the certificate has expired. I can create a new
certificate.
But distributing to all the clients is going to be difficult.
    Is there some way by using open ssl, I can make the server ignore expired
certificates
  so I don't have to ask each client to update to a new certificate?

The crux of the problem is that I want to continue to allow clients to use the
server without
Having them to upgrade anything i.e change should be done only on the server
side.

Reg.,
Gautam