Hi,

I am trying to add extra extensions to certain certificates that I
sign with my own CA.

1) I'd like all server generated certificates to have:

basicConstraints = CA:false

and one of the certificates to have:

extendedKeyUsage = serverAuth

I created an extra section called new_section in my config file and
tried to use the -extensions new_section with my "openssl ca"
command, which worked but it did not read the basicConstraints =
CA:false also (unless I explicitly added that to the new_section,
and then it did).

Is there a way that I can / should be doing it so that my
new_section only has the extra extensions that I wish to add to the
certificate?

2) I am trying to generate a cert for OpenLDAP and I previously
used the certtool command that read in from a config file. The
extra options that I needed to add here are: tls_www_server,
signing_key, encryption_key

What are the corresponding options that I need in my openssl config
file? I think that tls_ww_server is extendedKeyUsage = serverAuth
but I am not sure about this or the other two.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ken