Dear all,

I am working on an embedded product which currently uses OpenSSL 0.9.8w with
FIPS support.

We have received a request to support ECC and in particular the following
cipher suites for ECC certification TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA and
TLS_ECDH_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA.

I can see from the header files for OpenSSL 0.9.8, the ECC ciphersuites from
draft-ietf-tls-ecc-01.txt (Mar 15, 2001) have been defined so potentially could
be used.
However, from the OpenSSL change log, I can see there were many
improvements/enhancements for ECC from 0.9.8n to 1.0.0.
Have there been any improvements/enhancements on 0.9.8?

As the embedded product must support FIPS, does anybody know whether OpenSSL
0.9.8 has sufficient functionality to pass ECC certification with these cipher
suites?
Or will I have to upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.0 and wait for FIPS certification on
OpenSSL 1.0.0 to be complete?

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to your responses.

Thanks..
John
John Simner BSc(Hons) MSc CEng. MIET
Software Engineer
Siemens Enterprise Communications Limited
Tel: + 44 (0) 1908 817378
Please Note New Telephone number from 11/09/10: + 44 (0) 1908 817378
Email: john.sim...@siemens-enterprise.com
www.siemens.co.uk/enterprise<http://www.siemens.co.uk/enterprise>
Communication for the open
minded<blocked::blocked::http://www.siemens.co.uk/open>
Siemens Enterprise Communications Limited.
Registered office: Brickhill Street, Willen Lake, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DJ.
Registered No: 5903714, England.
Siemens Enterprise Communications Ltd is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be
privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are not the
addressee please note that any distribution, reproduction, copying, publication
or use of this communication or the information is prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact us immediately and also
delete the communication from your computer. We accept no liability for any
loss or damage suffered by any person arising from use of this email.
P Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?