On 2012-05-28 16:53 +0300 (Mon), Chinmaya Ku. Dwibedy wrote:

> We are using OpenSSL (0.9.7a) command and the auxiliary tools on RHEL4
> to X509 V3 certificate. Can anyone please clarify whether this version 3
> certificate is compliant with RFC- 5280?  Thanks in advance for your
> valuable feedback.

It depends on what you put in the certificate. OpenSSL 0.9.7a certainly
capable of producing RFC-5280-compliant certificates, but you can also
easily produce non-compliant certificates as well.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <c...@cynic.net>         +81 90 7737 2974
  Then I ducked into Burger King to scarf down a whopper with 45 pieces of