From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org [mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org]
On Behalf Of Nou Dadoun
Sent: July 24, 2012 10:31 AM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: DSA certificates from windows certificate store into openssl

Hey folks,
I recently added a facility to our code base to retrieve a certificate and
private key from a windows certificate store (using the windows crypto api) and
converted it to a form usable by openssl.  The certificate part was easy, the
key a little trickier, involving the creation of a new rsa key pair in openssl
and then modifying the parameters to match those derived from the
privatekeyblob pulled from the windows cert data structure.

This was all done for RSA keys and although I had a number of false starts, it
wasn't too painful (once I'd arranged for exportable keys and got out of
windows api land as quickly as possible).

We've just had a customer request to support the use of DSA certificates which
I know little about (so far), can the same general process be used to
extract/convert DSA keys (I'm assuming that the certificate encoding is
essentially the same).

Does anyone have experience with this?  Any pointers or links to documentation
for how this might be done?

Thanks in advance .... N

---
Nou Dadoun