----- Original Message -----
From: Zack Weinberg <[email protected]>
Date: Sunday, July 29, 2012 4:05 pm
Subject: Re: 9GB libcrypto.a in openssl-1.0.1c
To: [email protected]


> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Dennis Clarke 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > After a build of openssl-1.0.1c on Solaris 10 with the Sun Studio 12 
> compilers I was very surprised to see this :
> >
> > # ls -l libcrypto.a
> > -rw-r--r--   1 root     root     9908820968 Jul 17 19:47 libcrypto.a
> 
> It's not supposed to be that large.  I've never built on Solaris, but
> this OSX build is typical as far as I can tell:
> 
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  admin  3136968 May 10 09:28 /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.a
> 
> I'm inclined to suspect something funny with the Sun Studio compilers.
>  I would be interested to know what "size libcrypto.a" prints for you.
>  That will indicate which of the object files in the library is/are
> responsible for its overall size.

Ah well, too late. I took it out behind the barn and killed it. 

Will try another build and see what happens and then report.

Dennis 

______________________________________________________________________
OpenSSL Project                                 http://www.openssl.org
User Support Mailing List                    [email protected]
Automated List Manager                           [email protected]

Reply via email to