Am 03.09.2012 17:55, schrieb Charles Mills:
> When I come through my verify_callback routine, I get called successively
> with descending certificate depths:
> the first time through X509_STORE_CTX_get_error_depth() is 1 and the second
> time it is 0.
> So it would seem to me that "the depth/length of the whole chain" is
> available as the value of
> X509_STORE_CTX_get_error_depth() on the first pass through the
> verify_callback.
>
> Or perhaps I have misunderstood the question.

Yes, you misunderstood the question in a way and this is the way it work for me
too.

But I need to know the length of the chain in the verify-callback.
Or, to be more precisely, I want to perform a special action, if I reached the
end of
the chain.

But you answered my question, because I did not realised, that the depth is
counting down
to zero. So I reached the end, if my depth value is at 0.

But thanks to the answer,
 it helped anyway!

Regards
 Sven

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
 Sven Anders

--
 Sven Anders <and...@anduras.de>                 () UTF-8 Ribbon Campaign
                                                 /\ Support plain text e-mail

Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft - Sitz: Passau - Amtsgericht: Passau HRB 6032
Mitglieder des Vorstands: Dipl.-Inf. Sven Anders, Dipl.-Inf. Marcus Junker
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: RA Mark Peters