Oh, and I highly suggest specifying the TARGET_ABI so that the code is
optimized(considerable boost compared to without specifying it).

So either add TARGET_ABI := android-APILEVEL-armeabi to
android-config.mkOR open Android.mk in the crypto and ssl folders, and
add it just before
$(BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARY).
Be sure to replace APILEVEL with the API level you target. And if you want
static libraries, replace  $(BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARY)  where encountered to
$(BUILD_STATIC_LIBRARY)