Hi,

I am writing a soap request and I am using SSL_VERIFY_NONE flag mode
because that was the only way that I could actually do the request to the
server.
I tried the others mode flags (SSL_VERIFY_PEER,
SSL_VERIFY_FAIL_IF_NO_PEER_CERT and SSL_VERIFY_CLIENT_ONCE) but none of
them worked. I got the following error:

OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read
server certificate B: certificate verify failed

I am in development environment using a self signed certificate that I
generated.

I have lots of questions about it because I am new to the subject but my
main concern right now is: since my soap request is working with
SSL_VERIFY_NONE and I need to release this funcionality soon, is that
risky?
Am I doing wrong if I keep the verify mode to "none"? Is there any lack of
security?

What are the requirements to use the others verify mode flags? Can it be
done with a self signed certificate?

Thanks,
David William