Interesting. While I was playing around with this, I actually noticed that
if I use the -subj option on the CSR, I am not able to do this. I was able
to get it working by adding the common name on the actual cert generation
from that CSR. The config file was modified so that for my priority_match,
which had some match fields, was changed to priority_any which only had a
common name required, firefox was happy.

Just thought I'd post this workaround in case anyone else stumbles across
it.