I'm afraid RSAKeyValue may represent both public, or private key, but that's not the point.

The RFC itself defines 2 forms of representation of private key, but openssl works only with the second one, the encryption works fine when I pushed zeroes to the RSA structure, but I didn't find any example or documentation about what may go wrong when the RSA key is incomplete (filled values are modulus, private exponent and public exponent)

Thanks,
Miro