On 11/7/2012 2:35 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to know how long a CRL has until it expires in seconds (or milli or microseconds, don't care, I can convert), and am struggling to find a formally supported way to do this.

What I would like to do is return the difference between a given ASN1_TIME and the current time, or two ASN1_TIME values (don't care which, I can generate an ASN1_TIME from the current time).

Does openssl offer a function to do this, or will I be forced to write my own?

Look in the code that checks certificates for expiry (during certificate
validation), it probably calls an appropriate subroutine on the expiry
date in the X509 cert.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S. http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark. Direct +45 31 13 16 10