From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org [owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org] on
behalf of Jeremy Bratton [yer...@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 November 2012 04:58
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: Getting "OpenSSL: Exit: error in SSLv3 read client certificate A"
when client connects

I now have an ssldump of an incoming connection. I think it shows the client is
closing the connection before the handshake is even complete. Is there any way
the server is responsible for this behavior? Thanks.

New TCP connection #4: xxxxx.com(12900) <-> a.b.c.d(443)
4 1  0.0362 (0.0362)  C>S  Handshake
      ClientHello
        Version 3.1
        cipher suites
        TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5
        TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA
        TLS_RSA_WITH_DES_CBC_SHA
        TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
        compression methods
                  NULL
4 2  0.0365 (0.0003)  S>C  Handshake
      ServerHello
        Version 3.1
        session_id[32]=
          4c 37 df 98 4e c2 6d 26 28 23 67 4e ab 79 fd 4d
          f7 a8 e0 7e d8 47 37 38 c8 cc 06 db 43 f1 e3 a0
        cipherSuite         TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5
        compressionMethod                   NULL
4 3  0.0365 (0.0000)  S>C  Handshake
      Certificate
4 4  0.0365 (0.0000)  S>C  Handshake
      ServerHelloDone