Hi,

Perhaps I misunderstand you, but wouldn't it be easier to just choose eNULL cipher when no encryption is needed ?

Le 09/11/2012 06:08, Derek Cole a écrit :
Hello,

I have a server running that I am accepting both SSL and non SSL traffic.
Currently I check the traffic first and if the first part of the TCP data
looks like an SSL header, I send it off to an OpenSSL socket to be read. If
it's plaintext, I just read it right there on that socket.

Is it possible to skip the SSL header check and just send all traffic to an
SSL socket, and reliably be able to read the traffic regardless whether
it's encryprted or not?

just to be clear, I do have the SSL context set up properly and don't have
a problem reading it, it's just annoying that I Have to check my traffic in
a separate step, and send it down the flow path of SSL if it's encrypted.

Thanks