On Tue, Jan 08, 2013, Chris Bare wrote:

> Sorry to repost this, but I didn't see a reply and though it might have
> gotten lost in the shuffle of recent server changes.
>
> I saw the message below on the mailing list. I have run into a situation
> where I have a CMS using the PSS padding and I wanted to see if this might
> be implemented by now in CMS_verify.

It's not currently implementd. It is on my list of things to do but I've quite
a lot on there so I can't give you a precise timescale, sorry.

> If not, I have some experience working with the openssl source code, but
> some pointers would be appreciated.

If you want verify only then you might be able to get it to work by doing
something similar to the PSS certificate verify code.

It looks like you should change CMS_SignerInfo_verify so it uses
ASN1_item_verify instead of the manual verification code.

Steve.