On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 6:37 AM, Joseandro Luiz
<joseandro.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am using the OpenSSL user guide from
> http://www.openssl.org/docs/fips/UserGuide-2.0.pdf in order to create a FIPS
> 140-2 compliant iOS app.
> So far I've successfully built the Incore utility and the FIPS Object Module
> but I am having big troubles when I try to build the FIPS Capable Library.
>
> I run the following commands to compile openssl-1.0.1c:
> $ ./config  fips  -no-comp -no-shared -no-dso
> $ make  depend
>
> The first command runs ok, no error messages, but when I run the second, I
> get this:
> Joseandros-iMac:openssl-1.0.1c joseandro$ make depend
> making depend in crypto...
> o_fips.c:60:26: error: openssl/fips.h: No such file or directory
> o_fips.c:61:31: error: openssl/fips_rand.h: No such file or directory
> o_init.c:58:26: error: openssl/fips.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from fips_ers.c:4:
> fips_err.h:63:26: error: openssl/fips.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1
> make: *** [depend] Error 1
>
> The base of my OpenSSL installation is the default:
> /usr/local/ssl/Release-iphoneos
A few thoughts....

You should be using
http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1c.tar.gz and
http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-fips-2.0.1.tar.gz.

Are you working from Appendix E? I believe the Foundation solicited
feedback from three of their commercial customers, so the steps laid
out in Appendix E are fairly complete (I'm not aware of any
errors/omissions).

Use: --openssldir=/usr/local/ssl/Release-iphoneos
Use: --with-fipsdir=/usr/local/ssl/Release-iphoneos/lib

setenv-ios.sh will silently fail. If needed, I can send you an updated
shell script that checks for path errors alerts you of issues.

Jeff