I would really appreciate if someone answers my question.

From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org [mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org]
On Behalf Of Santhosh Kokala
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:13 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Regarding FIPS_mode_set()

Hi All,
I have a C++ application that links statically with Openssl library. We already
modify some parts of openssl (excludes crypto part) library to extract session
keys and other info to encrypt/decrypt traffic for a whole different purpose.
My question is since my application is statically linking with Openssl, instead
of calling FIPS_mode_set() in my function, can I call it inside
SSL_library_init()?

My Application calls --> SSL_library_init() calls --> FIPS_mode_set().

Is this a valid thing to do?

Santhosh