Ok, I admit I'm a newbie and has probably been answered 1000s of times -
although I haven't found the answer.

I'm trying to do something simple.  I'm trying to convert a simple string
using AES-256 and the Windows WinCRYPT api and have the output be something
I can then decrypt with OpenSSL on a Linux box.

Without getting into a lot of details right now (to keep the message small),
can someone point me into the right direction?  Using WinCRYPT, I've tried
get the salt value (always 16 zeros), the IV (always 0s), and the KEY used.
Only the KEY returns something and when I attempt to use it with OpenSSL,
OpenSSL reports it's too long.

I figure Im doing something fundamentially wrong.