On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Ashok C <ash....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Ashok C <ash....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > As part of implementing certificate expiry related alarms for my SSL
>> > application, I would kindly require few suggestions and clarifications
>> > from the community.
>>
>> There are two hidden issues: (1) what precisely is warranted, and (2)
>> what liability is in play. Good luck in pinning a CA on liability (100
>> page plus CPSs).
>
> Not clear what you exactly meant here. Could you please put it in more
> simpler terms? Thanks.

Read the chapter on PKI from Peter Gutmann's Security Engineering (pp.
595-650, www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/book.pdf).

It's not dry reading. Its interesting from a technical POV (what's the
problem, how is it being solved); from a historical POV (committee
disagreements, past failures, etc); and it's somewhat humorous at
times (Gutmann has a witty sense of humor).

Jeff