On Wed, Feb 27, 2013, Glenn Smith wrote:

> Does the same apply to DLLs?  I'm planning on using OpenSSL+Fips in a DLL
> that gets loaded either by other DLLs or directly from an application as a
> support DLL (the App won't be known, as we're doing DLL to be used by other
> vendors).

Since you haven't quoted any context it's not clear what "the same" means. I'll
assume you mean the FIPS signature referred to in this thread.

If the DLL ends up linking in fipscanister.lib then yes it needs to include
the signature. That will happen if you link against the static versions of
OpenSSL.

If the DLL just links to the FIPS capable OpenSSL DLL (libeay32.dll) then it
wont embed a signature as fipscanister.lib is linked into libeay32.dll and the
build process automatically includes the signature.

Steve,