Thank you all, for your kind responses and your time .

 I will try the
http://opensslfoundation.com/testing/validation-2.0/platforms/ios/setenv-ios.sh
approach and see the result.

I saw the Configure script which config finally runs. It has
provisions of adding some extra flags like -mcpu or include / lib
directory for android  armv7 platform, so I would still like to
believe there could be some way of passing some flags.

With Regards,
-Abhijit