Hello All,

I am using openssl 0.9.8r on one Linux box (BoxA) communicating with another
Linux box running openssl 1.0.0e  (BoxB).

There are certain curl uploads  that need to occur  from    BoxA  --> BoxB.

Usually we don't have any problems. But in a simulated environment, where there
could be significant delay/latency (~2 to 3 seconds) in traffic between  BoxA
and  BoxB, we are seeing that the curl operations are not completing as
expected.

Curl is sending the HTTP-100 message, in the middle of TLS Re-Negotiation, and
causing BoxB to send a Fatal Alert and closing the connection.  According to
the TLS spec, apparently, the TLS implementation should simply ignore those
unexpected messages and continue with re-negotiation??

Upon digging some openssl bug reports, we came across these two Bug Tickets.
And looks like they were never addressed ?

http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2146&user=guest&pass=guest
http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2481&user=guest&pass=guest

Just was trying to find out if the openssl community ever addressed this "bug"
? If so what openssl version(s) have a fix for this?

Any additional information related to the bug mentioned above would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

-Rezaul.