Hi all.

I'm a new user and am confused on how to generate .crt and .pem file. I am
using Apache Tomcat with OpenSSL.

I have a domain with a DNS entry pointing to the IP of my webserver. Their
support have given me 3 files

intermediate.txt -> intermediate certificate?
milestone.lobby3.raknet.com.txt -> primary certificate???
privatekey.txt -> ???

>From http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.1/ssl_reference.html I have copy/pasted
this entry into server.xml in Tomcat

<-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
<Connector
           protocol="HTTP/1.1"
           port="8443" maxThreads="200"
           scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true"
           SSLCertificateFile="/usr/local/ssl/server.crt"
           SSLCertificateKeyFile="/usr/local/ssl/server.pem"
           SSLVerifyClient="optional" SSLProtocol="TLSv1"/>

So this raises the question where does the .crt and .pem files come from?
Searching it seems like this page has what I need
http://www.digicert.com/ssl-support/pem-ssl-creation.htm

However, that page uses various terminologies such as primary certificate,
root certificate, intermediate certificate, private key,  and I'm not sure
which term goes to what kind of file I have, or even what I have, or if I
have everything i need. I can kind of infer that privatekey.txt is the
private key, but for the other files I don't know. And they have 4 terms
but I only have 3 files, so I'm not sure what is missing.

Thanks in advance for the help.