On 4/4/2013 9:00 AM, Dwipin C wrote:
Classification: For internal use only

Hi,

I am using openssl - "OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007" on Solaris. I need to
use this to decrypt and verify AS2 messages coming in from customers. Is
this possible ?

OpenSSL 0.9.8e is an old insecure version, please upgrade to the latest
security upgrade, either version 0.9.8y (contains only security fixes),
1.0.0k (contains 1.0.0 features and security fixes) or 1.0.1e (contains
1.0.0 features, 1.0.1 features and security fixes).

I do not see a "cms" option available.

The cms command is a version 1.0.0 and later feature, upgrade to 1.0.0k,
1.0.1e or use the smime command.

When I use openssl smime -verify -CAfile <ca-file> -out <output-file> ,
the verification is successful but the output contains the Content-Type,
Content-Transfer-Encoding and Content-Disposition Headers.

How do I get around this issue ?

Just filter the result through a simple script that removes those headers and decodes the Content-Transfer-Encoding.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10