Hello I am writing a POP3 client in C on ubuntu. I am using OpenSSl I am
stuck in the AUTHORIZATION state! I send the user name and get a success
response, and when i send the password , it always says *-ERR bad command*.
I am sure the password is correct. Since i am using open ssl , wireshark
was of not of much help. Heres how i am sending the password

scanf("%s",password);

sprintf(pass_cmd,"PASS %s\r\n",password);

sent = SSL_write(ssl, pass_cmd, strlen(pass_cmd));

pass_cmd is flushed and cleaned before used in write.The strlen is also
giving a valid size including \r\n

Is this in anyway related to OpenSSL?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!!