Nit: the server sends a series of records; the record that contains
the cert is not the ServerHello record. But the server does send
the configured cert, which is the important point.

>I installed this self-signed certificate with on my client.
>My client is not able to verify the certificate and is terminating
>the TLS connection with Alert message(Unknown CA).
>My client is using openssl version "OpenSSL 1.0.1e".

As explained in "Self-signed certificates and keyUsage extension"
recently (5/10-11) OpenSSL validation requires that an "issuing"
cert have keyusage including CertSign (or omitted = all usage) --
and that includes a self-issued aka self-signed cert.