Hello everyone,

I am writing a client-server application in C++ with open-ssl to
secure the connection.

At this stage I successfully implemented all communication between my
server and client with ssl encryption, but I am still missing a
feature : checking the certificate of my server.

As I am using this for securing a connection between my server and my
client application installed on different machines, I do not plan to
get a certificate from verisign or another ssl authority : I plan to
generate my self-signed certificate and to embed it in my client.

Now, my problem is that, when I configure openssl to check the peer
certificate, with the SSL_set_verify command and the SSL_VERIFY_PEER
option, I get the error X509_V_ERR_DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT when
handshaking the connection on the client side.

My understanding of this error is that, by default, open-ssl is not
accepting self-signed certificates.

So, my question is how can I configure open-ssl to accept self-signed
certificates ?

Thanks in advance,
Brice