Gnanasekar R wrote the following:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone tried using cryptodev driver and seen it to be better than AES
> computation in OpenSSL libs. I instrumented the time using evp_test app and
> see that AES computation using cryptodev is ~1.6ms slower compared to
> running the app without cryptodev driver, in my system. So I would like to
> know if that is how it is or am I missing something?

Whether or not using cryptodev is faster depends on a lot of factors.

1. The speed of the CPU
2. The speed of any HW accelerator
3. The size fo the data being encrypted (larger benefits cryptodev)

If you are using a HW accelerator then even if it is slower to do the
crypto there can be benefits in CPU offloading.

What you are seeing is quite likely correct.  So the best answer is,
choose the solution that solves your problem the best :-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough,  dav...@spottygum.com,   Ph: 0410 560 763