We have a cross platform client application based on Trolltech/Nokia/Digia Qt
that uses a secure socket for JSON. It works perfectly well on OSX, and works
on most Windows installations. The libs libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll are
located in the same directory as all the apps libraries.

However, when we tested on pure Windows 7 and Windows 8 installations running
on VMware, the connections failed. Installing another client like TortoiseSVN
and using it once solved the issue, even if the “helper” application was
uninstalled.

What are we missing? We have wasted many hours on this, and are likely
overlooking the obvious.

Help would be appreciated…

— Harald