I am newbie to Open SSL . I am already have an application where server and
client are  using  Openssl  libraries for Diffie hellman encryption.I wanna
convert server to compleatly to C# .

I have .pem file in both server and client so i assume we have  same DH
parameters (g and p) in client and server and no need to exchange this
parameters .

Here are my questions.

-What is criteria for choosing a random number (a).  Do I need to choose a
number with specific length ?
-Soon after client get connected do i have to send g pow(a)%p (A). If yes is
there any format for this
-In .pem file i could see section ---DH Parameters--- why is this for Is
this encrypted value of g and p i don't have to use it.
-how do i encrypt an  decrypt message with the secrete key i have to XOR
every byte with the secret key

Over all my question what  is low level flow and from server side. I am
using DH1024.
I am new to C as well so i cant go thought the Open SSL source code and
understand what exactly happening

Thanks in advance.