On 1/26/2014 12:39 PM, Norbert Kailan wrote:
Whatever I want to do appears an error message and the command is not
executed:

“Unable to load config info from /usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf “. There is no
such file after installation!

Reboot your computer.

This is a known but rare issue that only happens on some Windows machines. The installer attempts to let the system know that the OPENSSL_CONF environment variable has been defined. However, some program in the system fails to respond properly to the message (a ::PostMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SETTINGCHANGE, ...) call), so the call just hangs in OS land before it reaches the important parts of the Windows subsystem. The bug used the hang the installer when it was a SendMessage() call. I have no idea what program causes it, but since it is so rare, I'm now more inclined that it is some piece of malware that is responsible because the behavior is NOT normal. The broadcast message is the last thing the installer does so that it won't affect anything else regarding the installation. Rebooting the computer corrects the problem since the OS will reload the system environment variables across all programs as part of that process.

Hopefully this helps.

--
Thomas Hruska
Shining Light Productions