Hi,

We are in the process of validating our product to FIPS 140-2 level 3. The
product is based on OpenSSL FIPS Object Module v2.0.2.
I have a question/concern with regard to the latest Summary of SP 800-131A and
FIPS 186-2 to FIPS 186-4 Transitions document from the CAVP. Please correct me
where I make a mistake in my thinking:

1.     The OpenSSL FIPS Object Module is only validated for RSA [FIPS 186-2]

2.     According the SP 800-131A it means that NIST will not validate any new
requests starting from this year with that implementation - right?

3.     Our product is now ready for testing, so does that mean we will not
succeed?

4.     Can I still do a "Platform Validation" so as to OEM certificate #1747
algorithm certificate numbers?

5.     If successful will/should the testing company accept those certificate
numbers?

6.     Will/Should the testing company continue to validate the rest of the
system and continue to submit for validation?

Any advise on howto validate this product?
Thanks for your time
LJB