Thanks for the report.  Is "check_winnt()" in the Windows libraries or
in OpenSSL?  I tried Googling it, but didn't come up with anything,
and I didn't find a declaration in the OpenSSL source code.

I do nmake -f ntlib.mak, which makes some static libraries for me,
using only code in crypto/ and ssl/  I suppose if check_winnt() is in
a different directory, that would be my problem (and my fault for not
re-running perl Configure).

-Geoffrey