> On Apr 26, 2014, at 6:25 PM, Anant Rao <a...@noknok.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I see the doc. But, I'm afraid to say my question is still unanswered. Is
> this function (PKCS5_PBKDF2_HMAC) supposed to generate same or diff output
> over multiple calls with the same input? I see the latter and I want to know
> what, if any, I'm doing incorrect.

Yes, the PBKDF2 implementation will output a consistent key with the same
inputs. It would be rather pointless otherwise. :). It will also output the
same key as the Java implementation it they have matching inputs (I write from
experience here). If you post your code (more than just the actual call) for
both, someone can tell what's wrong.