I am attempting to use the d2i_PKCS12_fp() API call in a Windows DLL
compiled with the multi-threaded (/MT) runtime library.  On this call I
get the runtime error "OPENSSL_Uplink(03CE1000,08): no OPENSSL_Applink".
>From discussions I have seen about this error, I thought I could fix it by
adding "applink.c" to my project, and calling CRYPTO_malloc_init().
However this has no effect.  Is use of /MT causing this?  It will be
difficult to change that, due to other components of the project.  I have
used the HMAC and SHA256 APIs in this project with no problem.  If it is
just file I/O causing the problem, is there a way that I can
read in the .p12 file myself, and just pass a buffer to OpenSSL in order
to initialize the PKCS12 structure?