Hello users,

I recently wrote a program to do ECDH secret derivation, using OpenSSL
v1.0.1f.
I actually followed the example given at
http://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Elliptic_Curve_Diffie_Hellman, and I was
able to make it work.

But I need to make the program work on a machine with OpenSSL v0.9.8za, and
I found that the example wouldn't compile as many of the functions like:
EVP_PKEY_CTX_new_id
EVP_PKEY_paramgen_init,

and many more were introduced only in 1.0.0 and later.

So does anyone know how to get the secret derivation working in OpenSSL
v0.9.8 ? Because from what I read I think it was supported, so I guess I
just don't know what functions to substitute for these.

I'm developing on Ubuntu 14.04, but I'll be using an older version of
OpenSSL (v0.9.8za) for my particular use case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Pratyush Parimal.