On 7/3/2014 8:52 PM, Michael Sierchio wrote:
My Windoze knowledge is hazy, and from the distant past, but if you're
running this in a CMD window, you may simply need to increase the
available memory from the default for that process.

Too hazy, I am afraid.  Those memory settings are/were only for the
virtual MS-DOS machine when opening a 16 bit command prompt to run 16
bit DOS programs. They have no effect (and are not even shown) if the
programs run in the command window are all compiled for POSIX, OS/2 or
Windows.

(The POSIX and OS/2 cases apply only to NT-based x86_32 editions of
Windows, such as Windows 7.  The old MS-DOS based Windows 3.2 and older
do not allow Windows programs either in a command prompt, except via
3rd party hacks).

My memory comments were directed to the possibility he was running the
command from a very memory-constrained environment embedded into a
Cisco router.

Anyway Laksha found it was a bug in the openssl binary.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10