On Thu, Aug 07, 2014, Norm Green wrote:

> I just upgraded our product to 1.0.1i and logins via SRP are now
> broken.  Shown below are the SSL calls made from both the client and
> server.  Everything worked perfectly under 1.0.1h.
> Bot sides set the cipher list to 'SRP' via calls to
> SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(), so the "no shared cipher" complaint after
> line 31 on the server side is clearly bogus.

Well maybe, maybe not. Just because a ciphersuite is included in the
cipherlist doesn't mean it is included or could be selected. For example if
you set a ciphersuite which uses ECDSA authentication it wont be selected if
the server doesn't include an ECDSA certificate.

That might be what is happening here: the ciphersuite is being (incorrectly)
excluded either client or server side.

> Any idea where to begin debugging this?  Any and all help is appreciated.

Can you reproduce this with s_client and s_server?

Can you try a 1.0.1i client versus a 1.0.1h server and vice-versa?

Steve.