Assuming that "finish" you meant is Handshake Finished messages of SSL/TLS
protocol, I assure you, you can see them with openssl too.

Implementations can't (won't deliberately) change the protocol.

Run s_server and s_client of openssl with -msg -debug -state options to see
the handshake messages exchanged in detail.

$ openssl s_server -cert <cert.pem> -key <key.pem> -msg -debug -state
$ openssl s_client -cipher <cipher suite> -msg -debug -state