Hello,

I want to disable SSLv3 for a tomcat / tcnative deployment on Windows. Tomcat lacks the ablitity to disable SSLv3 while retaining TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2, so I'm attempting to disable SSLv3 at build time with no-ssl3. This was successful on Linux, but not on Windows. I was able to build on Windows with the following procedure.

1.
   Install Strawbery perl
2.
   Open Visual Studio x64 Cross Tools Command prompt

   %comspec% /k "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86_amd64

3.
   Change to the directory containing openssl sources

   cd C:\openssl-1.0.1j

4.
   Configure the openssl build

   perl Configure VC-WIN64A no-ssl2

5.
   Prepare the target environment

   ms\do_win64a

6.
   Clean up previous compliation

   nmake -f ms\nt.mak clean

7.
   Build

   nmake -f ms\nt.mak

8.
   Test the build

   nmake -f ms\nt.mak test

Once I add the no-ssl3 option, compilation of the 64-bit static library fails with the following.

Building OpenSSL
        lib /nologo /out:out32\ssleay32.lib
@C:\Users\arthurr\AppData\Local\Temp\nm96B5.tmp
        link /nologo /subsystem:console /opt:ref /debug
/out:out32\constant_time_test.exe
@C:\Users\arthurr\AppData\Local\Temp\nm96D5.tmp
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'out32\ssleay32.lib'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\BIN\x86_amd64\link.EXE"' : return code '0x49d'
Stop.

I see there was a fix for no-ssl3 in 1.0.1j, but it may still be an issue with Windows builds?

--
Arthur Ramsey
Systems Administrator

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or
disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to
delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and
notify the Mediture Privacy Officer atprivacyoffi...@mediture.com.