On 10/17/2014 10:10 AM, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
Yep, and the problem is that I control the application, not which
OpenSSL version is installed. Therefore I wanted to future-proof my
application, so when OpenSSL gets upgraded to a version which supports
SSL_MODE_SEND_FALLBACK_SCSV, everything will work *without* also
recompiling the application.

Thus: the manual #define and the call in all cases. I'm fine if it's a
no-op if OpenSSL doesn't support SSL_MODE_SEND_FALLBACK_SCSV, the
important thing is that it doesn't break anything...

Do you downgrade the support protocols on handshake failures, like web browsers do?

If not, then you cannot use SSL_MODE_SEND_FALLBACK_SCSV in any way, and you do not need it, either.