Hi,

To Get rid of openssl SSL3 Poodle bug, I upgraded from openssl 1.0.1g to
1.0.1j. Also Compiled openssl sources with no-ssl2 no-ssl3, so that only TLSv1
works in client server application.
On top of this, in my SSL config code, I added following code to create context.

if(server)
            //method = ::SSLv23_server_method();
          method = ::TLSv1_server_method();
      else
            //method = ::SSLv23_client_method();
          method = ::TLSv1_client_method();

if(server)
                  {
                        ::SSL_CTX_set_options(ctx, (SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2 |
SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3 | SSL_OP_NO_COMPRESSION));
                        ::SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(ctx,
"ALL:!aNULL:!ADH:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM");
                  }

But in logs, I still see, client and server are negotiated with SSLv3.

SSLConfig::Init: SSL initiated (OpenSSL 1.0.1j 15 Oct 2014 built on: Fri Oct 24
07:44:36 2014).
SSLSocket::Callback: Handshake done: AES256-SHA              SSLv3 Kx=RSA
Au=RSA  Enc=AES(256)  Mac=SHA1
SocketClose: shutdown failed ('WSAENOTCONN: A request to send or receive data
was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a
datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied.').

Also I see, connection is not established

Can you please tell me, is any more code I have to add, such that only TLSv1 is
negotiated.

Thanks - Pradeep Reddy.

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
transmission. The e mail and its contents
(with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on
the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written
consent of authorized representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
delete it and notify the sender immediately.
Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and
other defects.