I am looking at (query about) updating a TLS 1.1 solution based on OpenSSL
1.0.1b to TLS 1.2. I understand the latest OpenSSL 1.0.2 supports TLS 1.2. At
first look I believe if we replace the OpenSSL 1.0.1 with OpenSSL 1.0.2 it
should automatically update the TLS to 1.2 versions. That is there should not
be any need to do any code changes in application as there is no major changes
in API between OpenSSL version 1.0.1 and 1.0.2.
Can anyone please comment on my above understanding? I am new at OpenSSL and do
not have hands-on experience on using OpenSSL for TLS hence looking for
comments to understand what the risks in such update.
Thanks,
Diganta
________________________________
SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential, proprietary
or legally privileged information. In case you are not the original intended
Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to
delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this
message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken
Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express
intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to
prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
Read Disclaimer at http://www.sasken.com/extras/mail_disclaimer.html
_______________________________________________
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users