Am 23.02.16 um 14:04 schrieb Dr. Stephen Henson:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2016, Stephan M?hlstrasser wrote:

Am 09.02.16 um 16:39 schrieb Erwann Abalea:
Bonjour Stephan,

PKCS#7 and CMS are pretty much interchangeable.
Here, your file is strictly not a PKCS#7v1.5, because in this version,
RecipientInfo wasn?t a CHOICE (see RFC2315 to see PKCS#7v1.5 definitions).

How did you generate this structure? Adobe Acrobat?

The previous structure was generated with Adobe Acrobat XI.

I repeated the experiment with Adobe Acrobat DC, and something was
changed in the structure of the CMS object, but it still does not
look correct to me (full dumpasn1 output below).

It is clear to me that there is no problem with OpenSSL here, but I
would appreciate it if someone with more authority on CMS and ASN.1
than me could confirm that the CMS structure is broken and that
OpenSSL is correct to reject it, thanks.

To properly analyse the structure it would help if you included the file you
are trying to parse.

Sure, here it is. I had thought that ASN.1 dump would be sufficient.

--
Stephan