Hi,

Even though I have used openssl or ssh-keygen for years to generate key pairs 
mainly for SSH purposes, I don't know much about the underlying theory and 
finer details of cryptography.

I want to use JSON Web Encryption (JWE) and there we have this concept of Key 
Encryption. Key Encryption can be done using RSAES-PKCS1-v1_5 or RSA-OAEP or 
RSA-OAEP-256 (c.f. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7518#section-4.2 and 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7518#section-4.3).

The question is how can I use openssl command line tool to create a public key 
using RSAES-PKCS1-v1_5, RSA-OAEP, or RSA-OAEP-256 (paddings?)?

At the moment, I use the following command to create a PEM file:

openssl genrsa -out example.pem 2048

Then I use the following command to extract the public key:

openssl rsa -in example.pem -pubout example.pub

What padding is used for this public key? How can I specify that I want it to 
be generated with RSAES-PKCS1-v1_5, RSA-OAEP, or RSA-OAEP-256 paddings?

Thanks in advance,
Socrates
-- 
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users

Reply via email to