We are using session resumption with openssl, and to support that we are
storing sessions in a file.

On the server side the allowed TLS version can be configured and server admin
can change it. It can

be changed for example to allow only TLS 1.2. The problem is that if the client
has SSL session

stored on the disk from a previous connection which has different TLS version
than what server

expects as per the changed configuration, server drops the connection
immediately.

My question is, is it possible for Openssl server to recover from such a
scenario, by starting a full

handshake? Right now server drops the connection because of protocol mismatch.

Because if that is not the case the only other option left for us is to
reconnect again if server rejects

connection.

Thanks,

Prabhat