On 14 Nov 2017, at 12:00 PM, mahesh gs <mahesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have application that provide DTLS security for SCTP connections. During
> our testing we found that API "SSL_connect " fail and always returns
> SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ which causes infinite loop in the application.

Are you properly handling that SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ, or are you ignoring it?

The message isn’t an error (the symbol was misnamed), it just means openssl is
asking you permission to read. If your code is saying "yes openssl you may
read" when you actually aren’t ready you’ll end up in an infinite loop.

Regards,
Graham
—